Spare Tire Mounted Rack Recommendation for a 2010 Toyota Rav4
Will a hitch mount bike rack fit my Toyota Rav4 2010 given that the spare tire hangs off the back.
asked by: Elvis F
Since your 2010 Toyota Rav4 has a spare tire that is mounted on the rear, I recommend that you get a spare tire mounted rack like the Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Carrier, part # TH963PRO, instead of a hitch mounted rack.
This rack is designed to mount directly to the spare tire of your vehicle and would work very well for you as long as you do not have a spare tire mounted camera.
I included installation instructions below for you to check out also.
If you plan on carrying womens or alternative framed bikes you would want Thule Women's and Alternative Frame Bike Adapter Bar, part # TH982XT. I attached a review video for this product below for you to check out also.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
- 16 - 31-1/2 Inch Long
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation that Has Offset to Allow for Off-Center Spare Wheel
- Q&A: Will the Yakima SpareRide Work With the Factory Backup Camera on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: How to Choose a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- Q&A: How Tall is the Vertical Arm of the Thule Hitching Post Pro Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Camper Shell Roof Rack and Kayak Carriers for a Ford Pickup
- Q&A: Can Other Branded Cargo Carriers Be Used With The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: Big Truck Big RV
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit