Roof Rack and Kayak Carrier for 2015 Ford Edge with Glass Roof
Hi, I have Ford Edge 2015 with glass roof, I need your advise for Roof Rack. I am going to use it to carry my kayak. I found your Rhino Rack vortex rack. are they good for this reason or I should use other product?
asked by: Ali
We have roof racks confirmed to fit both the 2015 Ford Edge with a bare roof and also the version like yours that has the glass roof with flush-mount rails that run front-to-back.
The Rhino-Rack setup I suggest is their Vortex Aero rack made of parts # RRVA126B-2 and # RRSX024. The Vortex rack will typically be quieter than the square bar rack.
We have many kayak carriers that fit both types of roof rack bars and all of them are shown on the linked page.
Great carrier options for either bar are the Yakima JayLow # Y04073 which can carry one or two kayaks, depending on how you set it up. We also have load-assist carriers such as the Yakima HandRoll # Y04082-2 that has rollers that let you more easily load one kayak from the rear of the vehicle.
No matter which carrier you choose be sure to check your owner's manual to confirm the car's roof has the weight capacity needed for the combined weight of the roof rack/kayak carrier/kayak. The linked article will help you select the best carrier for your specific kayak.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Roof Rack
- Aero Bars
- 49 Inch Bar Space
- 2 Bars
- Rhino Rack
more information >
- Watersport Carriers
- Fishing Kayak
- Roof Mount Carrier
- Aero Bars
- Elliptical Bars
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Square Bars
- Side Loading
- Clamp On
- No Load Assist
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How To Make The Yakima Hully Rollers Kayak Carrier Compatible With Aero Crossbars
- Can I Use the Yakima HandRoll with My 2013 Audi Q5's Factory Crossbars?
- Will the Yakima HullyRollers Fit a 2014 Subaru Outback
- Recommended Kayak Carrier and Roof Rack for 2015 Subaru Forester with Side Rails
- Can The Yakima Kayak Rollers Y04082-2 Be Secured To A Rhino Rack Roof Rack?
- Rear-Load and Side-Load Assisted Kayak Carrier for Use on 2014 Subaru Outback Wagon Factory Bars
- What Type of Rollers Can be Used with the Thule Goalpost TH997
- Will Yakima MightyMounts Fit on a Yakima Overhaul HD Crossbar
- Recommended Two Kayak System for 2017 Ford F450 with Sunroof Pulling 5th Wheel Trailer
- Roller Yakima Kayak Carrier Recommendation to Fit Thule Aero Bars
- Recommended Overland Rack System for 2019 Ford F-150
- How to Determine if Yakima HandRoll Kayak Carrier Will Fit MotorFansClub Roof Rack Rail Cross Bars
- Paddleboard And Kayak Carrier Recommendations For 2010 Ford Escape
- Recommended Kayak Lift for 2007 Nissan Xterra Factory OEM Roof Rack
- Using the Yakima Rack and Roll In and Around a River
- Recommended Yakima Roof Rack for 2019 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Will Yakima HandRoll Kayak Carrier fit Thule Wingbar Evo Crossbars
- Thule Hullavator Kayak Carrier Mounting Requirements
- Can Thule Hullavator Kayak Carrier Be Used with Factory Roof Rack on 2018 Chevy Equinox
- Install Video for Roof Rack that Fits 2017 Ford F-450 to Carry Kayaks
- Can Rola Roof Rack and etrailer Kayak Carrier be Used When Flat Towing 2017 Volkswagen Jetta
- Yakima Kayak Carriers that Fit a 2013 Nissan Xterra with Factory Roof Rack
- Will The Yakima HandRoll Fit With Yakima LongArm Load Extender?
- Will the Yakima HandRoll Kayak Carrier Fit Thule WingBar Crossbars
- Availability of Kayak Carriers for Toyota Camry Without a Roof Rack
- Recommended Roof Rack and Kayak Carrier for 1-Person Use on 2008 Saturn Vue