bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Choose Correct Friction Sway Control Installation Bracket


I dont know which part is best for my hitch


Expert Reply:

The trailer anti-sway installation brackets you reference, parts # RP26005 and # RP26003, both do the same thing. They allow you to install a friction-style anti sway device like those shown on the linked page, such as Reese # 83660.

The difference between the two brackets is that they each fit a particular size of ball mount.

Part # RP26005 fits on 1-1/4-inch Class II ball mounts, like # C45521; part # RP26003 works with 2-inch Class III and Class IV ball mounts like # 2923. Just measure the size of your hitch receiver's opening to know which to use. Please refer to the linked article for help in how to measure your hitch.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>