Recommended Mud Flaps for 2017 Ram 1500 In Cold and Snowy Climate
Which mudflats do you recommend for far north heavy snowfall areas ? Why? I am concerned with deep snow snow banks etc. tearing them off.
asked by: Ken
For use in harsher weather conditions like what you described, I recommend looking at the Rock Tamers Heavy-Duty Adjustable Mud Flap System # ERT00108 for your 2017 Ram 1500. These mud flaps will slide onto your ball mount or tow bar and can be adjusted horizontally and vertically for a perfect fit.
The flaps feature channels on the back to direct water and snow downward and away from the truck. These have an extremely durable construction and are designed specifically to last. The 3/8 inch thick black rubber has a molded, tear-resistant fabric layer which will help to withstand the stress of going through deep snow banks and ice. The mud flaps are attached to the support rods by black powder coated aluminum clamps, which will offer both strength and corrosion resistance, which is especially relevant in wet conditions.
I have attached a video demonstration on this product so you can see exactly how the mud flaps install and operate.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended SumoSprings for a 2023 Nissan Titan Towing a 6.5K Trailer
- Q&A: Can Rock Tamers Mud Flap System Work On 2014 Dodge Ram With Rear Exhaust
- Q&A: Parts Needed For Wiring 2 Light Switches at 2 Doors To Operate Lights Like a 3-Way Switch
- Q&A: Single Rocker Switch with 3-way Capabilities
- Q&A: 3-Way Light Switch Needed For A 2011 Keystone Hornet Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Are There Rock Tamers Mud Flaps That Will Fit on a 3 Inch Ball Mount
- Q&A: Canister Size of Retrax Hard Tonneau Cover For Clearance Dimensions
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: Can You Flat Tow a Ford Ranger
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips