Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2015 Toyota Highlander without Tow Package
I have a 2015 highlander xle and I am interested to install curt 56042 connector. However, I cant figure out if my car is equipped with towing package. The sticker says it has 5000 lbs capacity but does not say towing package on it. I had it installed an OEM trailer hitch after purchase without the harness.
asked by: Luke
Since your vehicle didn't come with the tow package it would not have came with the the converter under the dash either. That means the trailer wiring kit you'd need is the # 118449 which is a confirmed fit.
I attached an install video for this wiring kit for you to check out as well.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Installing 7-way Blade Trailer Connector on 2013 Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: How To Determine if the 2018 Toyota Highlander Has A Tow Package For Trailer Wiring
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2018 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2015 Toyota Highlander Came With Tow Package For Trailer Wiring Harness
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2017 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2016 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package Wiring
- Q&A: How to Tell if 2019 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Auto Enthusiasts