bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver and Ball Mount for Hitch Ball Drop Necessary to Tow Trailer Level  


My 2003 F150 has a bumper hitch. It seems to work OK for light duty work. Do you sell a down receiver that will attach to the ball on the bumper and help level whatever Im towing? Example: My small flat bed trailer is too high at the bumper and too low at the rear of the trailer. thanks


Helpful Expert Reply:

For your 2003 Ford F-150, I recommend the Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" # 75065. This will allow you to use an adjustable ball mount like the Curt Channel Style Adjustable Ball Mount # C45900 to give your the rise or drop needed to tow your trailer level. I've attached an article and some videos to assist.

There is not an adapter for a bumper pull ball to allow the drop you are needing. A separate trailer hitch receiver is necessary to tow level.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>