Troubleshooting No Power on 4-Way Harness for 2006 Honda Ridgeline
We hooked our 4pole harness system up yesterday. It was super easy as video was useful and easy to follow directions. We plugged the t connections into the appropriate spot, secured the harness with zip ties and headed to hook up the trailer. Unfortunately, we had to grab a seven prong adaptor we had both female pieces. While purchasing the adaptor we decided to test to make sure the piece would be the correct one. Long story short, all oh the lights on our truck work, but we have no power at all to the 4pole 118400 t pole wiring harness
asked by: Madison
The Tekonsha T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118400 referenced in your question is indeed confirmed to fit your 2006 Honda Ridgeline.
If you are receiving no power on any of the circuits of the installed 4-Way, I recommend completely removing the wiring harness and simply re-installing it. It's possible that you may have missed something during the initial installation that you will catch when going through the steps again. Sometimes there will be a couple of ports, similar in design, that are located on the vehicle. You will want to make sure you are connecting to the appropriate ports behind the vehicle tail lights when plugging in the T-Connector.
Once everything is installed, I recommend using a circuit tester like # PTW2993 to test the connector on the vehicle where the 4-Way actually attaches. If you still do not get any power when somebody runs through the functions in the vehicle (brake pedal, turn signals, etc), then there may be an issue with the converter itself.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to look into this further.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Electrical Tools
- Circuit Tester
- Performance Tool
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Adding a 7-Way Trailer Connector to a 2006 Honda Ridgeline
- Q&A: Why Would Mounting Holes of Draw Tite Hitch that Fits 2006 Honda Ridgeline Not Line Up
- Q&A: Draw-Tite Hitch # 75280 Does Not Align With Mounting Holes on 2007 Honda Ridgeline
- Q&A: Adding 7-Way Trailer Connector to 2008 Honda Ridgeline
- Article: 7 Common Questions Everyone Has About Trailer Tires
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch, Wiring, and Towing Setup for a 2007 Honda Ridgeline
- Q&A: Wiring a Brake Controller on a 2006 Honda Ridgeline Without a Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: Differences Between Curt and Draw Tite Hitch for 2008 Honda Ridgeline
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams