How to Pick Out Correct Ball Mount for 2015 Ford F-150
I need a receiver and ball for my 2015 F150. What do you recommend? Trailer capacity is 2500 lbs? But I may get a class 111 for heavier towing loads. Thanks
asked by: Ed P
I attached an FAQ that details how to pick out the correct ball mount. Picking out the correct ball mount will allow your trailer to sit as level as possible. Basically you will first measure the height from the ground to the top of the receiver opening on the hitch while on level ground. Next, you will measure the coupler height from the ground to the bottom of the trailer coupler when the trailer is on level ground.
Next, you will need to compute the difference. If the hitch height is greater than the coupler height the difference is the drop required. If the coupler height is greater the difference is the rise required. You will want to pick the ball mount with the rise/drop closest to the difference.
Or if you email me back with what you need I can help you pick one out. Once you have the ball mount picked out we can then pick out the correct hitch ball. But I'd also need to know what size ball your trailer calls for. On the coupler of the trailer there should be a size listed for the ball it would take. It should be either 2 inch or 2-5/16 inch most likely but possibly 1-7/8 inch.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will the Draw-Tite 3594 Get Me Close to 16 of Rise if My Hitch is 11 1/2 Off the Ground?
- Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2016 Subaru Impreza Sedan
- Why do Some Ball Mounts Have a Drop and Rise and Others Only have a Rise
- How to Measure Ball Mount Rise for Draw-Tite Sportframe Ball Mount # 3594 on a 2002 Buick Regal
- 1-1/4-Inch Ball Mount with 4-Inches of Drop
- Dimensions Of Draw-Tite Sportframe Ball Mount # 3594
- Ball Mount For 1-1/4 Inch Hitch On a 2002 VW Beetle with 4 Inch Rise
- Towing a Trailer with 2014 Mustang GT vs 1999 Honda Civic Coupe
- Will Sportframe Drawbar # 3594 Fit Kubata RTV Receiver
- How to Determine Where Ball Mount Platform for 3594 Will End Up When Installed on 1998 Buick Regal
- Does Suspension Sag Factor When Picking Out Correct Rise/Drop Ball Mount
- Lock Pin Hole Measurement for Class I Hitch
- Ball Mount Recommendation for a 2014 Subaru Forester with a Curt Hitch # C12100
- Will Thule EasyFold XT Fit A Class 1 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4 Distance from Hitch Pin Hole
- Recommended Ball Mount Draw Bar For 1-1/4 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver With 4 Inch Rise
- How to Measure to Determine How Much Drop Is Needed for a Ball Mount
- 7-Way for 2017 Honda CR-V and Ball Mount With 2 Inch Hitch Ball
- What is the Proper Rise/Drop Ball Mount for a 2006 Honda Civic
- Pin Hole to Hitch Opening Distance on 2 inch and 1-1/4 inch Hitches
- Which Ball Mount and Hitch Ball Should I use with My Draw-Tite 24797 on my 2009 Kia Rondo
- Recommended Ball Mount for 2010 Ford Fusion Towing Haul Master Trailer
- Which is Correct Ball Mount for 1997 Chevrolet Lumina w/ Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch # 24628
- Ball Mount Recommendation that is 4 inches Shorter than the Sportframe Ball Mount part # 3594
- How To Determine What Size Ball Mount Will Fit On 2006 Chevy HHR
- Compatibility of the Sportframe Drawbar and a 2 Inch Trailer Ball With 3/4 inch Shank
- Trailer Hitch Receiver And Wiring Harness To Tow or Use a Bike Rack On a 2021 Toyota Prius XLE AWD-e
- What Ball Mount is Needed For 15 Inch Hitch Height With Draw-Tite Receiver 24872 on 2014 Ford Focus?
- What Is The Highest Capacity Trailer Hitch Available For A 2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback?
- 2018 Hyundai Sonata Parts Needed to Tow a Trailer