Which SumoSpring Kit for 2017 Toyota Tundra
Im currently torn between the 1000# capacity and the 1500# capacity Sumosprings for my 2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4 crew max, towing package, 1500# cargo capacity. I am interested in these as they will help to level the rear when Im pulling my travel trailer with WDH that has an 800# tongue weight when loaded. I do occasionally 3-4 times a year haul at the capacity of the truck wood pellets. Would the 1000# sumos be enough? Im unsure what damage they would sustain if they are overloaded. Id just go with the 1500# sumos, but my fear is that the increased density would increase the harshness when engaging/disengagiing and when loaded.
asked by: Eric
I'd go with the lighter duty SumoSprings for your 2017 Toyota Tundra for the reason you mentioned. The heavier duty ones will be much harsher. I only recommend the higher duty ones for people who plan to be at the capacity of their vehicle most of the time when travelling.
The part # SSR-610-40 would be the better option. You'll most likely have to use lower spring bar tension with your weight distribution system as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended SumoSprings For A 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 Dually Motorhome
- Recommended Rear Suspension Enhancement For Preventing Sway In 2016 Ford F-150 W/ Truck Bed Camper
- How to Minimize 2018 Toyota Tundra Sway While Towing a Heavy Trailer
- Suspension Enhancement for 2020 Toyota Tundra to Help with Ride Quality and Stability
- What is the Height of the SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs # SSR-610-40
- Height of SumoSprings Campatible with 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2010 Toyota Tundra
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement for 2015 Nissan Frontier Towing 5,000 Pound Travel Trailer
- Option for SumoSprings on a 2016 Tundra with Aftermarket Suspension
- Differences Between SumoSprings Kits For 2020 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tundra Towing 22 ft Camper with Dirt Bikes in Bed
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for 2003 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Helper Springs for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma
- How to Pick Out SumoSprings Suspension Enhancement for 2016 Ford F-250
- How Much Clearance Between SumoSprings # SSR-610-40 and Frame on an Unloaded 2015 Toyota Tundra
- Is There Any Advantage in Using SumoSprings With Weight Distribution on a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- What Rear SumoSprings do You Recommend for My 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4?
- Color Choices of # SSR-610-40 Sumo Springs for 2011 Toyota Tundra
- Can the SuperSprings and SumoSprings Be Used Together On a 2007 Toyota Tundra
- Recommendation to Relieve Pressure on Weight Distribution System
- What is the Torque Spec of the Factory U-Bolts on a 2011 Toyota Tacoma
- Which SumoSprings for 2006 Toyota Tundra Towing 4400-lbs Trailer and Carrying 600-lbs ATV in Bed
- Dimensions of Spring Included in SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Spring Kit SSR-610-40
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement to Level 2016 Toyota Tacoma when Towing Trailer
- Jounce Bumper Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Fit for 2017 Toyota Tacoma
- 2004 Toyota Tundra Sumo Springs with RoadActive Suspension
- Best Suspension Enhancement for 2021 Toyota Tundra