Fit and Installation of T-One 4-Pole Wiring Harness 118494 on 2013 GMC Terrain
I want to know if part number 118494 will fit my 2013 terrain
asked by: Leonard R
The T-One 4-Pole Wiring Harness Kit # 118494 is a confirmed fit for your 2013 GMC Terrain. This harness fits the 2010 through 2017 Terrain and also the same years of the Chevy Equinox. This harness will deliver stop, turn and tail light signals to a trailer or other 4-pole-equipped device, such as a lighted hitch cover like # CR-007G.
Installation consists of plugging in the connectors at the vehicle tail lights, attaching a ground wire and running one single wire up to the engine compartment to connect to the battery using the included fuse holder.
Written instructions and an installation video showing your same vehicle are linked to help you. I also included an article with tips for easier routing of the one wire that goes up to the battery.
I recommend using dielectric grease # 11755 on all connectors (and the fuse holder too) to block moisture that could over time lead to corrosion and connectivity issues.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Wiring
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How to Determine If 2013 Chevy Equinox has Tow Package for Trailer Wiring
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Needing Trailer Wiring Harness for 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
- Q&A: Comparing the Hollywood Racks Destination to the Sports Rack on a 2016 Honda CRV
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: How To Tell If a 2020 GMC Terrain Has the Factory Tow Package for Trailer Wiring
- Q&A: Towing Capacity of a 2012 GMC Terrain
- Q&A: How to Tell if you Have the Factory Towing Package 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Q&A: No Relays Found When Installing Curt Wiring for Factory Tow Package on 2019 GMC Terrain
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Article: How to Clean Weld Nuts for the Installation of a Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com