Comparing the Sarius Freedom 4 to the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE4
I am debating between the Sarius Freedom 4 and Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE4. Which is the better rack for hauling mountain bikes? I usually take my bike and my sons bike and want to have the ability to take more bikes when his friends come with us. I have a 2005 GMC Yukon XL that the rack would be used on.
asked by: Robert A
Biggest difference you'd notice between the Saris Freedom 4 part # SA4414B and the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE4 part # HR1400Z is weight. The Hollywood Racks weighs in at 88 lbs whereas the Saris weighs 53 lbs. For most people that's enough difference to give the edge to the Saris.
Since price is about the same and quality and stability is also about the same I'd recommend the Saris for you based on the weight difference.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Tilt-Away Rack
- Frame Mount
- Bike and Hitch Lock
- 4 Bikes
- Class 3
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Heavy Bikes
- Hollywood Racks
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Comparing the Saris Freedom and Yakima HoldUp 4 Bike Platform Racks
- Q&A: What Is the Per-Bike Rating of the Kuat NV 2.0 For A Class I or II Hitch?
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Families with Kids (2023)
- Q&A: Bike Rack Recommendation for 4 Bikes on a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Q&A: Best Bike Rack for a Mountain Bike, Kids Bike, Carbon Fiber Bike, and Step-Through Womens Bike
- Q&A: Weight Capacity of Saris Freedom 4 Bike Rack # SA4414B
- Q&A: Platform Bike Rack Recommendation with Great Ground Clearance
- Q&A: How Far Out Does Saris Freedom Bike Rack for Fat Bikes Extend
- Article: Rolling on a Budget: Top Wallet-Friendly Platform Bike Racks
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Recumbent Bikes (2023)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV