bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Transferring Thule SquareBars from a 1997 Ford Explorer to a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe


wrecked my 97 explorer with thule bars. got a 16 tahoe now. what do i need to move my thule bars to the new car?


Expert Reply:

To move your Thule bars to your new vehicle, you'll need the following kit:

Thule Podium Foot Pack, part # TH460
Thule Podium Fit Kit, part # THKIT4041

Thule's recommended length for the 1997 Ford Explorer is 50 inches, while the recommended length for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe is 60 inches, part # TH712500. You will need to swap to newer bars.

I've included a video demonstrating the installation process of these bars.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>