Class III Hitch and Wiring Harness Fits for 2005 Nissan Quest
I need help seeing if the part 75714 can be used in a nissan quest 2005. The problem is that the normal one is very low in the height and its missing at least 7 inches for it to fit properly.
asked by: Raul G
The hitch you referenced, Draw-Tite 2-inch Class III hitch # 75714, is a confirmed fit on the Nissan Quest for model years 2011 through 2016. But for your 2005 model year there we have a hitch that is confirmed to fit, the Curt hitch # C13563.
This hitch is made for your 2005 Quest as a custom-fit for that vehicle and offer a no-drill installation. This hitch fits for the 2004 through 2009 Quest. An install video for this Curt hitch is linked for your review. If you also need a wiring harness you can use Tekonsha part # 118469 which offers simple plug-in installation at the Quest tail lights.
We cannot recommend trying to install a hitch that is not made for the vehicle it will be mounted on. This both voids any product warranty and also could potentially expose you in terms of liability if that incorrect product failed and caused injury to another motorist.
We do offer a range of 2-inch hitch adapters that are linked. Do please note that use of adapter can result in reduced hitch capacity quite possibly 50 percent.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- Powered Converter
- Custom Fit
- 4 Flat
more information >
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 300 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 5000 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 500 lbs WD TW
- Concealed Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: How Reduce Sway When Pulling Shamrock Forest River Camper WIth A 2022 Toyota Sienna
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Differences between Class III and Class IV Hitches
- Q&A: Trouble Aligning Trailer Hitch Holes on a 2016 Nissan Quest
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Towing Package For A 2016 Nissan Quest
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: How Do I Know How High The Ball Should Sit Above the Ground
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Weight Distribution System for Use with Draw-Tite Class III Hitch # 75714 on 2014 Nissan Quest
- Q&A: Recommend Hitch for a 2017 Nissan Quest
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches