bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Convert M105A2 Cargo Trailer from Air-Over-Hydraulic Brakes to EOH or Electric Drums


How can I get the air brakes to work with my Chevy Silverado?


Expert Reply:

You can use your Parkhurst M105A2 military cargo trailer with your Silverado by converting its air-over-hydraulic (AOH) braking system to either electric-over-hydraulic (EOH) or electric drum brakes. Both options would allow the trailer brake controller in your Silverado to activate the trailer's brakes.

The simpler and lower cost option is electric drum brakes since these require no hydraulic lines, just fairly simple electrical wiring and installation of a junction box like # 277-000141.

You can decide which option you prefer by reviewing the two linked articles that cover the process of converting a trailer to EOH or electric drum brake operation. Be sure to choose brakes that match your axle weight rating.

expert reply by:

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>