Recommendation for a 4 Bike Rack on a 2008 Subaru Outback Wagon and Allow Access to Rear Hatch
Hi, I am looking at the thule 934xtr or the Softride dura 4. I will be transporting 2 adult mountain bikes and 2 toddler bikes. I also use a Chariot trailer and will need to easily get it in and out of my trunk. I drive an 08 Subaru Outback. Which of the two bike trailers is the better option? Thanks
asked by: Mary
You will first need to check to make sure the hitch you have on your 2008 Subaru Outback Wagon is rated as a Class II or higher. A Class I 1-1/4 inch hitch can only carry a maximum of 2 bikes.
I would recommend the Softride Dura Parallelogram Tilting 4 Bike Rack, part # SR26247 for your vehicle. The nice feature on this bike rack is that when it is released to be tilted away from the vehicle it will maintain a straight angle when it moves away from the vehicle, always carrying bikes in an upright position.
It includes a locking hitch pin with a built-in anti-rattle device. On the back side of the rack is an integrated cable that you can use to lock the bikes to the rack. You can use any standard pad lock to lock the loose end of the cable to the lock hoops on the end of the rack arms.
I am including a link to the installation instructions on the Softride bike rack and a video link of a review on the Softride bike rack.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Bike Rack for a 2012 Volvo XC 70
- Does the Thule Hitching Post Pro or the Thule Camber have Shorter Arms
- Recommended Hitch for a Bike Rack on a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- What Bike Rack Can Be Used With The Thule Tram Or The Yakima HitchSki
- How to Use Thule Bike Rack with 3 inch Trailer Hitch
- 4-Bike Hanging-Style Hitch Rack for Use in 1-1/4-Inch and 2-Inch Hitches
- 3- or 4-Bike Hitch Rack for Use on Class C Winnebago Motor Home
- Recommended Bike Rack for 3 Bikes
- Does The Thule Hitching Post Pro Work With A 2012 Toyota RAV4
- How to Use a Carbon Frame Bike on the Thule Hitching Post Bike Rack
- Is the Thule Hitching Post Pro Available With A 2 Inch Shank Only
- What Do You Recommend for Transporting 4 Bikes on a 2017 Mazda 6?
- Comparing the Thule Vertex and Thule Hitching Post Pro for a 2015 Toyota Sienna
- Comparing Thule Hitching Post Pro and Yakima RidgeBack 4-Bike Racks
- Comparing Thule Hitching Post Bike Rack to Curt Premium 5 Bike Rack
- Which Trailer Hitch Is Needed To Use Thule 4-Bike Rack On 2018 Kia Soul?
- What Is The Per Bike Weight Limit Of The Thule Hitching Post Pro 4 Bike Rack?
- Differences Between Thule Hitching Post Pro # TH934XTR and Vertex # TH9029
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2013 Honda CR-V
- Thule Hitching Post Pro Compatibility With a 2022 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Edition
- Dou you recommend the Thule Hitching Post Pro or the Hollywood Racks Destination
- Measuring to Determine if Bike Rack Will Clear Spare Tire on Jeep Wrangler
- Hitch Pin Hole Depth Required For A Thule Receiver Hitch Bike Rack
- Will the Thule TH914XT Fit on a 2009 Toyota Rav4 with Rear Door Mounted Spare Tire
- Rear Door Clearance on 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited with Thule Hitching Post Pro Rack TH934XTR
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 and 4 Bikes
- How Tall is the Vertical Arm of the Thule Hitching Post Pro Hitch Mount Bike Rack