bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Flat Tow a 2017 Jeep Wrangler  


I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler sport, and would like to know if I can attach a tow bar to the front points? Also, is it an easy install without having to relocate any stock jeep parts currently on my vehicle.


Expert Reply:

In order to flat tow your 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport you may be able to just attach a tow bar if you have the Off-Road bumper with 1 inch D-Ring bumper mounts you would use # RM-035-1 or for 3/4 inch D-ring bumper mounts you will need # RM-035.

If you do not have those D-ring bumper mounts I recommend the Roadmaster EZ5 Base Plate Kit # RM-521448-5. For a tow bar with any of the aforementioned base plate kits I recommend going with the Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar # RM-520 because of how easy the tow bar is to connect to the base plates and the long arms that make it easier to maneuver when towing; you will also need safety chains # RM-643.

For wiring kit that will allow your Jeep's lights to function while being towed you can use the Roadmaster Universal Hy-Power Diode Wiring Kit # RM-154. A supplemental braking system is a requirement in most states and I highly recommend the SMI Stay-IN-Play # SM99251 for this. This is a proportional braking system which is a one-time install which you can leave in so you'll never have to activate or deactivate it. You will need to use Roadmaster Brake-Lite Relay Kit for Towed Vehicles # RM-88400 along with your supplemental braking system.

Finally, it is likely you will need a high-low adapter such as # RM-076 to keep your Jeep level with your tow vehicle. The adapter you need is going to depend on some measurements you'll need to take. I have added a link to a help article on high-low adapters which explains the measurements you'll need, as well as a link to our page with our selection of adapters. I've also attached links to video reviews of the other aforementioned parts for you to take a look at.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>