Availability of Locking 5th Wheel Pin Kit that is Keyed Alike
I was wondering if theres a complete kit available for locking a 5th wheel? I see a kit for a bumper pull trailer with coupler lock, ball mount locking pin and a latch lock for the connector. But I have not seen anything to lock a fifth wheel that would be keyed alike. Looking for a hitch to base rail locking pin, coupler latch locking pin and a kingpin lock for when its disconnected. Thanks
asked by: Jason
I do have a solution for you, but unfortunately we do not have any kits available for locking up your 5th wheel setup.
Instead what you can use is the Tow Ready Base Rail Lock # TR63254, along with the 5th Wheel Coupler Lock # e98896, and the Master Lock Padlock # ML4140LH.
These don't have the ability to be keyed alike, but they will provide you with locks to the points that you mentioned.
Products Referenced in This Question
- King Pin Locks
- Keyed Alike
more information >
- Q&A: How To Lock Base On B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: How to Lock B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package
- Q&A: Lock Recommendation for Fifth Wheel Hitch to Truck Bed Rails
- Q&A: Can a 5th Wheel Hitch be Installed on a Flat Bed Truck
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between the B&W Companion 20K and 25K 5th Wheel Hitches Aside from Capacity
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Prep Package
- Q&A: Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel with Flatbed
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Trailer Maintenance Schedule
- Article: 30-Amp and 50-Amp RV Service: 8 Things You Need to Know
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Information and Review