Automatic Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch and Rail Kit Recommendation for 2008 Toyota Tundra
I have a 2008 Tundra with 6.5foot bed, 10,000 lb.capacity, its got airbags too. I am buying a 29foot Crusader 5th wheel, 7700 dry, 10150 GVW. I will never load to more than 9,500 lbs. Pin box slants forward to all the way to the front of the trailer. I am new to 5th wheels. My friends recommend an autoslide style hitch. I need more info, top or bottom mount, etc.
asked by: Jeffrey S
For an automatic sliding fifth wheel hitch for your 2008 Toyota Tundra the Demco Hijacker part # DM8550034 would be a fantastic option. The custom install rail kit you need then is the part # DM8552020-71.
The only issue you may have is interference with the air bag kit you have installed. Do you know what brand you have so that I can check to see if it will fit with an in-bed rail kit?
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Q&A: Are Capture Plates Needed When Using the Demco Autoslide With a Lippert Road Armor Pin Box
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Q&A: Will the B&W Companion Fit Into OEM Pucks on a 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Do I Need a Capture Plate for a Rota Flex Pin Box?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Side Plates Needed To Install Demco 21K Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch In a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 Puck Bed
- Q&A: Recommended Autosliding Hitch and 5th Wheel Rails for a 2023 Ram 2500
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps