Availability of Alternative Autosliding 5th Wheel Hitch to the PullRite SuperGlide
Do you sell Pullrite 5th wheel hitches
asked by: Bill
I do have a solution for you, but unfortunately we do not carry the PullRite SuperGlide 5th wheel hitches.
We do offer the Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th wheel hitches that actually have some additional features at a lower price point that I recommend looking into.
The Hijacker Autoslide comes in 2 different weight capacities, 18K # DM8550034 and 21K # DM8550035. These come in different variants to accommodate if you have above bed rails, like the parts mentioned above, or if you have the factory prep package on your truck.
In comparison both the Hijacker and the PullRite have similar qualities in that they offer a travel of 14", they slide automatically, and they have 2-point pivoting hitch heads for comfort.
Where they differ is that the Hijacker has a superior single-jaw system compared to the PullRite single-jaw system. The Hijacker has an extra tab that secures the king pin directly in the middle of the hitch head, and then it also has a 3/4" piece of solid steel that locks everything in place for more security.
The Hijacker also features height settings of 15-1/4", 16-1/2", and 18" compared to the 18-1/2" height setting of the SuperGlide. This will better enable you to level your towing setup.
If you let me know the year/make/model of your truck and whether or not you have the prep package I can let you know which exact Hijackers are for you.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Sliding Fifth Wheel
- Aftermarket Below Bed Rails
- 5250 lbs Vertical Load
- 21000 lbs GTW
- Double Pivot
- Premium - Single-Hook Jaw
- 15-1/4 - 18 Inch Tall
- 14 Inch Fore/Aft Travel
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Q&A: Are Capture Plates Needed When Using the Demco Autoslide With a Lippert Road Armor Pin Box
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Q&A: Do I Need a Capture Plate for a Rota Flex Pin Box?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Comparing Demco Hijacker and Pullrite Superglide Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2017 Ram 2500
- Q&A: Side Plates Needed To Install Demco 21K Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch In a 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 Puck Bed
- Q&A: Recommended Autosliding Hitch and 5th Wheel Rails for a 2023 Ram 2500
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps