Troubleshooting Kuat Transfer 2 Bike Carrier Fit on Fat Bike Front Tire
I have a kuat transfer 2 rack with the fat tire kit. Had a real scare last Saturday when my bike slid out of the rack, nearly to the ground while driving. It appears to me thst the front wheel tray needs to be wider for fat tires. Mine are 4.5. The front wheel strap didnt stay in place. I have pics of it can share.
asked by: Francis H
Thank you for your purchase of the Kuat Transfer 2 bike carrier # KU74FR.
This platform rack can be updated for fat bike use with accessory Strap Kit # APBK, which I see you purchased as well.
We have not heard of this issue with this rack when it is equipped with this kit and used with a bike that has compatible tire width. Your 4-1/2-inch wide tires are within the specs for the Fat Bike kit.
Did you have the ratcheting arm positioned so it is next to the fork tubes? If not placed in that spot (below the tire's apex) then it is possible it could come off the tire. If a bike has a short front fender this will prevent proper positioning of the arm. I will presume the arm was good and tight before you drove.
Feel free to send us any photos that will illustrate the problem. Perhaps you can include one that shows the front tire in the wheel tray with the # APBK strap in place so we can see its fit.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Wheel Adapters
- NV 2.0
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Phat Bike Adapter Kit for Kuat Bike Racks
- Video: Phat Bike Adapter Kit for Kuat Transfer Platform Bike Racks Test Course
- Video: Phat Bike Adapter Kit for Kuat Transfer Platform Bike Racks Review
- Q&A: Will Fat Bike Fit Kuat Transfer 3 Bike Platform Rack
- Q&A: Reducing the Movement in Hitch Receiver when Using an Adapter with the Yakima # Y02457Bike Rack
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Kuat Transfer V2 Bike Rack for 2 Bikes - 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches - Wheel Mount
- Q&A: Will the Kuat Transfer 3 Bike Rack for Fat Tire Bikes Work With Skinny Tire Road Bikes as Well
- Search Results: rv bike rack
- Search Results: rv camper bike racks
- Shop: etrailer Hitch Pin Alignment Collar for Hitch Accessories - 2" Hitches
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Video: Choosing the Right Trailer Wiring
- Search Results: trailer hitch
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Video: Tow Ready 4-Pole Mounting Bracket Installation
- Search Results: hitch
- Shop: Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Video: Choosing the Right Brake Controller
- Search Results: trailer brake controller
- Shop: Curt Powered Tail Light Converter with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Q&A: Difference Between Curt and etrailer Trailer Hitch Receivers for 2020 Chevy Colorado
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Shop: 7- and 4-Pole Trailer Connector Socket w/ Mounting Bracket - Vehicle End
- Shop: Brake Controller