How Much Torque is Applied to a Kodiak Grease Cap for Installation
What size socket is correct for the Kodiak oil hubs, also for the Dexter screw on oil hub cap.
asked by: Gordon
I spoke to my contact at Kodiak and they informed me that a socket should not be used when removing or installing the grease cap like part # KPCAP as this would likely cause damage to the polycarbonate material used in it's construction. If the cap was over tightened then you can use a crescent wrench to loose it. The cap should then only be hand tightened. The same holds true for part # RG04-230.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Bearings Races Seals Caps
- Oil Cap
- 2.875 Inch O.D.
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Oil Seals and Outer Cap To Change From Grease Axle Bearing To Oil
- Replacement Plug Recommendation for Replacement Grease Cap # KPCAP
- Availability of Trailer Hub Cap for Mastercraft Boat Trailer that is Threaded
- Difference Between the Oil Bath Caps # XL-PLCAP and # KPCAP
- Installation Torque Value for Kodiak Replacement Grease Cap KPCAP
- Replacement Oil Cap for Dexter Hub # 21-35
- What Size Socket is Needed to Tighten the Kodiak XL ProLube Oil Bath Cap # KPCAP
- Filling a Kodiak Oil Bath Disc Brake Hub and Oil Compatibility
- Replacement Oil Bath Cover for Trailer Hub
- Parts Needed To Convert 5TH Wheel With Tandem 7K Axles To Disc Brakes and 17-1/2" Wheels Oil Lubed
- Does The Kodiak Disc Brake Kit K2HR858DE Use Grease Or Oil To Lube The Hub Bearings?
- Replacement Plastic Cap and Seal for 8K EZ Lube Axle
- Parts Needed To Add Electric Over Hydraulic Disc Brakes On Tandem Axle Trailer With Lippert 8k Axles
- Is There a Bearing Buddy for a Hub Bore with 2.25 Inch Diameter
- Disc Brake Kit Compatible With Lippert 8,000 Torsion Axles
- What Is the Hub Bore of the Kodiak 13" 8K Disc Brake Kit