Recommended 2016 Keystone Sprinter Control Box Sealant
Used Jasons advice about resetting the Lippert control box and IT WORKED!!!! YAY!! We want to be sure to glue it back in place appropriately and it was held in place with black rubber sealant and then with silicone sealant on the outside. Question is: What is the black rubber stuff?
asked by: Kathy
The sealant on the Lippert Control box you referenced is simply a high performance gasket sealant. I recommend the Loctite RTV 598 High-Performance Silicone Gasket Maker - Black # LT37467 as a replacement to keep that box sealed tight from the elements.
Keep a wet rag close by when using this as it can be messy and also sticky. It will take only 30 minutes to set but 24 hours to cure.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommendation For Replacement Lock For SportRack AERO XL Roof Cargo Box
- Recommended Sealant for a Fresh Water Tank That Is Leaking From the Valve
- Recommendation for Adding Battery to Toolbox on Travel Trailer Tongue
- Can You Drill Holes in a Thule Cargo Box to Move it Forward and Clear the Rear Hatch
- Mounting Hardware for 2002 Yakima Rocketbox Cargo Box for Installation on 2014 GMC Yukon
- Modification of MaxxHaul Heavy Duty Headache Rack MT70234 for Light Bar Installation
- Recommended Retro-Fit for Cargo Carrier With New Car and Wider Crossbar Spread or Replacement Box
- Can I use Loctite Gasket Maker On Fuel Tank
- Can I Move the Mounting Spots on my Sears Cargo Box to Work With Bars Spread Further Apart?
- Recommended Parts to Re-Install Lock Mechanism on 1997 Thule Rooftop Cargo Box
- Can You Drill Holes in Thule Cargo Box to Fit Shorter Crossbars on 2016 Subaru Crosstrek
- Yakima Rocketbox Mounting Location Change for Crossbar Fit
- Can RTV Sealant Be Used when Installing SMI DUO Braking System on 2017 Chevy Spark
- Should Hitch be Sealed to Frame on 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
- Tail Light Gasket for 1999 American Tradition Motorhome
- Recommended Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2021 Toyota RAV4
- Is Sealant Required for the Replacement Rubber Grommet for RV Black Water Tanks
- Can You Bypass Solera Exterior Smart Awning Touch Pad
- Recommended Replacement Screen Door Latch For A 2018 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Travel Trailer
- Should the Power Wire for the Curt # C56387 be routed Inside or Outside on a 2018 Chevy Malibu
- How to Route 4-Way Connector Underneath 2011 Toyota Highlander
- What Type of Silicon is Needed for Draw-Tite Hitch On 2020 Subaru Outback
- Block Heater for 2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for 2022 Kia Seltos
- Replacement Trim and Cover Pieces for OEM Puck System on a 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Why Does Hitch for 2014 Honda CR-V Have Mount for Wiring When it Installs in the Cargo Area
- Recommendation for Roof Rack and Cargo Basket for 2008 Honda CRV
- Is There A Mounting Hardware Kit For UWS Truck Bed Tool Chests