Recommendation to Reduce Movement of SportRack Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
The stock 2inch adapter has more wiggle than I would like. Are there any metal replacements available?
asked by: James
I do have a solution for you; however, there is not a direct metal replacement for the 2 inch sleeve that came included with your SportRack 2-Bike Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack.
If there is a lot of movement inside your 2 inch hitch receiver, I recommend adding an anti-rattle device like the excellent Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061. This device will slide over the shank of your bike rack and the u-bolt will hook around the collar of the hitch receiver to help eliminate any rattle and sway inside the receiver. Just note that your hitch must have a ring or collar around it for this to attach properly.
I have attached a short video demonstration on this product so you can see exactly how it works.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Q&A: Does Curt Rockerball Fit Curt Aluminum Ball Mount # C45296
- Article: Anti-Rattle Devices
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: Trailer Hitch Installation Tips
- Article: How to Choose a High-Low Adapter
- Q&A: Will the Saris SuperClamp's Pivoting Arms Rotate Low Enough to Miss the Rack on a Aventon Pace 500?
- Q&A: Can Gen-Y Ball Mount # GY59VR be Used With Hitch Extender
- Q&A: Options on How to Fix a Loose 2 Inch Ball Mount
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Receiver for 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 With Utility Bed
- Q&A: Sleeve Style Anti Rattle Device for 2 Inch Hitch Extender
- Q&A: How Tall is Curt Rockerball # C40047 Above Ball Mount Platform