Trailer Hitch for 2018 Subaru Forester Which Works With Thule Parkway Bike Rackl
2018 Subaru forester limited have two questions about this hitch... Will this hitch interfere with the factory parking sensors in the rear bumper? And do you know if there is enough clearance once installed to use my Thule Parkway. I see the receiving end of the hitch is close the imprint made to store the spare tire. Im sure there is enough room but wanted to see if there was any first hand knowledge. thank you!
asked by: Kevin A
The hitches that fit your 2018 Subaru Forester are not going to interfere with the parking sensors on your vehicle. We have not had a chance to test the Draw-Tite # 76182 on a 2018 Subaru Forester so it may not have enough clearance to work with your Thule Parkway TH958 particularly because this bike rack has only 5-1/8" from the center of the hitch pin hole to the foot of the carrier.
There is a solution for you; we have tested Curt hitch # C13144 and it is 4" from the hitch pin hole to the edge of the bumper so your Parkway would work with this hitch. The trade off with this hitch is, of course, that it is going to require the use of stabilizing straps # 18050 with all non-trailer accessories such as your bike rack in order to maintain the warranty.
The straps will give you added stability at the expense of a couple minutes of time. I've added a link to a demonstration video for you which shows you how the straps are used. I've also attached a link to a video of the Curt hitch being installed for you to view.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Hitch Cargo Carrier
- Tie Down Straps
more information >
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 525 lbs TW
- 3500 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Visible Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Best Trailer Hitch for a 2024 Subaru Forester
- Q&A: Best Curt Trailer Hitch For 2024 Subaru Forester
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Subaru Forester XT with EyeSight
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: How to Tell if Aftermarket Trailer Hitch Fits OEM Cutout of Trailer Hitch on a 2015 Subaru Forester
- Q&A: Comparing the Curt Hitch C13409 and Draw-Tite Hitch for a 2019 Subaru Forester
- Q&A: Comparing the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitches # 75876 and # 76182 for a 2018 Subaru Forester
- Q&A: Totally Hidden Hitch for a 2015 Subaru Forester
- Article: How to Correct Noise from Exhaust Rattling Against a Trailer Hitch
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Article: RV Roof Types: What Type of Roof Does My RV Have?