Where Does Supplemental Transmission Cooler Install on Vehicle
When installing a derale transmission oil cooler, does it get installed in series with the existing oil cooler? or does the OEM cooler get removed and replaced with the larger cooler?
asked by: Nathan M
You would want to route the Derale cooler after the factory cooler. By that, I mean you would want to run the transmission coolant line from the transmission, to the factory cooler, then to the # D13503, and finally back to the transmission cooler.
Routing the coolers in that order is crucial, if you were to run the cooler before the factory cooler you would effectively be cooling the fluid and then reheating it as it would go through the factory cooler, which will be the same temperature as your engine coolant.
I attached an FAQ article on transmission coolers below for you to check out.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Class IV Transmission Cooler for a 2008 Honda Pilot
- Installing Derale Series 8000 Transmission Cooler # D13503 On A 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Where Can Derale Transmission Cooler be Installed on 2016 Ford F-150
- Recommended Transmission Cooler For a 2019 Ram 1500 With Pentastar 3.6L Engine
- Transmission Cooler for 2000 Ford F-250 Towing Heavy 5th Wheel Trailer
- Recommended Parts for 2004 Ford E250 5.4 V8 Towing Trailer
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2019 Honda Pilot with 6 Speed Transmission
- Is There A Benefit To Running Two Aftermarket Transmission Coolers Compared To Just One?
- Comparing Plate Fin Oil Cooler With Fan Remote Cooler For a 2011 Ford F-150 With 3.5L EcoBoost
- Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler For 1999 Dodge Durango 4X4
- Is the Included Adapter of the Derale Cooler # D13503 Used to Install Transmission Cooler
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL
- Installing a Transmission Cooler on a 2000 Honda Odyssey
- Transmission Cooler and Power Steering Cooler Recommendation for a 2005 Acura MDX
- Do Supplemental Transmission Coolers Go Before or After Factory Coolers
- Recommended Transmission Cooler For 2015 Ram 1500 Pulling a 6,000LB Travel Trailer
- Comparing Plate-Fin and Tube-Fin Transmission Coolers for a 2019 Ford F-150
- Available Class III Transmission Coolers for 2018 Ford F-150 with 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine
- Class III Transmission Cooler for 2007 Chevrolet Silverado New Body with the 4.3L V6
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 3.6L V6
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter Towing Travel Trailer
- Parts Needed for Installing a Derale # D13503 Transmission Cooler on 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for a 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Fit and Parts Needed to Install Derale Transmission Cooler # D13503 in 2011 Chevrolet Traverse
- Should a Transmission Cooler be Installed on a 2016 Honda Odyssey for Towing Just One Time
- Recommended Transmission and Oil Cooler for 2013 Nissan Altima
- Best Transmission Cooler for 2016 Honda Pilot
- Recommend Transmission Cooler For Towing 4,100 Trailer w/ 2010 Toyota 4Runner