Titan Surge Brake Actuator T63FR With Manual Reverse Lockout Operation
I just recieved this surge brake actuator today. I havent installed it yet, but I am curious about how the manual lockout works. The little lever just behind the coupler was what I thought locked it out, but it seems to do nothing. Any insight on this?
asked by: Matt
The Brake Actuator with Manual Lockout - Bolt On - Drum - 2" Ball - 7,500 lbs # T63FR you referenced does have the lever for manual lockout. This lever keeps the hitch ball from putting pressure on the master cylinder plunger when installed. If it seems to do nothing uninstalled, that is because it doesn't have the force of the hitch ball pushing back into it or the hydraulic pressure on the other end to displace. The manual lockout should not be difficult to engage and should only be engaged when you are backing up your trailer to ensure the brakes do not get applied when you are purposefully applying force to the hitch ball and coupler.
This is a very nice coupler that will serve you well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How to Determine Correct Replacement Hydraulic Brake Actuator for Older Boat Trailer
- Disc Brake Actuator Recommendation to Replace Atwood Drum Actuator
- How To Activate the Lockout On the Titan Brake Actuator T63FR
- Solution for Replacing Atwood Coupler on Boat Trailer with A-Frame
- How to Release Atwood Surge Coupler Breakaway Lever
- Replacement Breakaway Cable Kit for Dexter Actuator # T63FR
- Is There A Replacement Master Cylinder Still Available For Atwood 82541 Surge Brake Actuator?
- What are the Dimensions of the Titan Aero 7500 Brake Actuator With Manual Lockout # T63FR
- Atwood 61101 Actuator Replacement
- Converting Manual Brake Actuator To Electrical Lockout
- Mounting Hole Diameter and Spacing on Titan Drum Brake Actuator T63FR
- How to Tell if a Titan Model 60 Actuator has a Reverse Lockout
- Availability of Replacement Parts for Atwood 85736 Brake Actuator
- Titan Surge Brake Coupler # T63FR as Replacement for Titan Ultra 70
- Recommended Surge Brake Actuator with Manual and Electric Lockout for Drum Brakes
- Replacement Drum Brake Actuator for a Titan Aero 6000
- Replacement Master Cylinder for a Titan Aero 6000 Drum Brake Actuator
- Recommended Replacement for Atwood 82541 Drum Brake Actuator
- Does Titan T63FR Surge Coupler Include Master Cylinder Caps & Covers
- Brake Lines for Titan Coupler with Brake Line Connection Within Trailer Tongue
- Actuator Recommendation for Horse Trailer to Allow Trailer Travel Downhill Without Burning Brakes
- Surge Brake Actuator Recommendation for 6,000 lb Trailer with Drum Brakes and Manual Lock Out
- Troubleshooting Dragging and Overheating Disc Brakes on Trailer
- Recommended Replacement Brake Actuator for a Atwood 82543
- Replacement Surge Hydraulic Brake Actuator Recommendation To Replace Atwood 82541
- Recommended Replacement Surge Coupler for ATWOOD 82541 and Brake Assemblies
- Replacement for Atwood Brake Actuator 82543
- Titan Brake Actuator With Manual Lockout for Drum Brakes # T63FR