How To Install Fifth Wheel Hitch Rails In A Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Short Bed
I have a 2017 2500HD gaz crew cab short box and was wondering where I install the rails. Is there a measurement from the back of the box?
asked by: Yves
The installation of your fifth wheel hitch rails will be specific to your vehicle and will include centering the rails and your hitch in your truck bed. You will start by measuring the distance from the farthest back part of the bed, not including the tailgate, to the specific measurement for your truck and bed length to center the rear rail in your truck box (this will be in the installation instructions). Then use your fifth wheel hitch as a guide to position the front rail and a tape measure to measure diagonally and square things up.
I have attached a set of instructions for the Curt Custom Installation Kit, Item # C16411-204, that fits your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 as an example for you to review.
I have also attached an article and an installation video that will hopefully help.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Many Bolts Are Used To Mount The Curt 5th Wheel Brackets To The Frame Of A 2012 Chevy Silverado
- Solution to Remove Fifth Wheel Hitch from Base Rails
- 5TH Wheel Bed Rails and In Bed Wiring For a 2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD
- Are Curt C88KR Adapter Rails Compatible with PullRite 2700 Series 5th Wheel Hitch
- How to Tell if 2019 Chevy Silverado 2500 has OEM Rail Kit
- Bracket Kit Recommendation for Installing Curt Fifth Wheel Rails in 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- Fifth Wheel Base Rail Kit for 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Weight Capacity of the Curt Fifth Wheel Rail Kit part # C16411-204
- Will ProSeries 20K 5th Wheel Hitch Mount to Curt Base Rails
- Will the Curt Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Work with a Pro Series 15k Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Can Curt Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Work with Pullrite Superglide Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Install Kit for a 2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 Long Bed Dually and Curt Hitch
- Curt Custom Fifth Wheel Installation Kit Recommendation for a 2014 GMC Sierra 2500
- Placement of Curt C16411-204 5th Wheel Bed Rails in Bed of 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Can 5th Wheel Rails be Installed Over a Plastic Bed Liner on a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD
- Customer 5th Wheel Base Rail Recommendation for a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500
- Solution to Use Curt Slider Hitch on 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Short Bed Without OEM Prep Package
- How Does Curt E16 Fifth Wheel Hitch Install in bed of 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 Short Bed
- Will Curt Custom 5th Wheel Install Kit Fit a 2016 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
- Recommended Custom Fit Base Rails and 25K 5th Wheel Hitch on 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Recommended Above Bed Industry Standard Rails and Install Kit For 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 W/ 6-1/2' Bed
- Best Custom Fifth Wheel Installation Kit for 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- Recommended Curt Fifth Wheel Rails for My 2017 Ram 2500
- Recommended 5th Wheel Rails for a 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500
- How to Tow a 5th Wheel Trailer with a 2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Curt Gooseneck Hitch Installed
- Does Curt Fifth Wheel Rail Kit for 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Thread Into Threaded Frame Holes
- 5th Wheel Hitch Installation Kit for 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Long Bed
- Are Additional Parts Needed With Curt Fifth Wheel Installation Kit & Curt 5th Wheel Hitch