No 12 Volt Power at 7-Way Trailer Connector on a 2018 Ford F-350
Brand new truck...i book up to a 37foot 5th wheel travel trailer and the was no voltage coming thru to allow me to raisethe trailer legs. Marker lights were on but no main power... Is there something i need to do to get 12v power all the time?
asked by: Larry
In order for the 12 volt circuit on the 7-way in your 2018 Ford F-350 to receive power, you will need to activate this in the information center on your dash. Please note that once this is done the 12 volt circuit on the 7-way will still not show power until the trailer is connected.
Now with that being said, there is not a direct correlation between the 12 volt circuit on the vehicle's 7-way and the landing gear legs on your 5th wheel trailer. The 12 volt circuit on the 7-way would not be nearly powerful enough to power the landing gear legs on the trailer. You would first need to confirm the power source for the landing gear legs and then go from there.
If the power source for your 5th wheel's landing gear legs is an auxiliary battery installed on the trailer and the auxiliary battery was receiving a maintenance charge from the vehicle's 7-way then the lack of 12 volt current to the battery could have caused it to drain which would be a reason as to why your landing gear legs are not working.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How to Hardwire Pilot Automotive Tailgate LED Light Strip into 2008 Chevy Silverado
- Troubleshooting My 2009 Dodge Journeys Blown Fuses When Trailer Is Connected
- Wiring the 12volt Feed and Back-Up Wires to the Trailer connector on a 1995 Ford F-150
- Wiring Taillight Converter Hardwiring Kit by Function on a 2003 Land Rover Discovery
- Troubleshooting Electric Trailer Brakes Not Working With The Brake Controller Or Breakaway System
- Troubleshooting Stop/Turn Circuits of Trailer Wiring Not Working
- Easiest Way to Determine if Relay of Vehicle is Bad
- Troubleshooting Left Turn and Stop Lights Not Working With A Trailer and a 1998 Toyota T-100
- Why are Trailer Tail Lights Malfunctioning When Connected to a 2003 Jeep Liberty
- Troubleshooting Ford F-350 Trailer Brake Controller Not Registering
- Interior Lights On A Hawk Trailer Pulled By A 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 Not Working
- Where is the Ground Wire on a 7-Way Trailer Connector on a 2002 Ford F-350
- Trailer Brakes Not Working when Using Brake Pedal
- Trailer Running Lights Not Working when Connected to a 2013 Nissan Frontier
- Ford Truck Sending Error Codes for Trailer Lighting
- New Electric Trailer Brakes Not Working After Installation on 5th Wheel Trailer
- Troubleshooting Trailer Lights that Work on 2 Trucks but Not on a Third
- Left Turn Signal Stopped Working on 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Trailer Wiring Harness
- Would Trailer Wiring Cause Vehicle Battery to Die
- Electric Trailer Brakes not Working
- What Circuit Tester is Used in the Installation Video for the Peak Wireless Backup Camera
- How to Test to Determine Trailer Wiring Functions on Dream Coach Horse Trailer
- Fuse Blows When The Husky Brute Jack Is Plugged In And Operation Switch Is Used
- Troubleshooting Trailer Wiring that Stops Working When Headlights Are On
- Connecting the Red Brake Controller Wire to the Brake Switch on a 2012 Chevy Equinox
- Right Side Trailer Turn Signal Blinks Faintly When Left Turn Signal is Activated
- Troubleshooting a Trailer Side Marker Light
- Troubleshooting Trailer Brakes And Brake Controller With Trailer Brakes Dragging
- Is Trailer License Plate and Trailer Running Light on Same Circuit
- After Replacing Trailer Side Connector the Trailer Brakes Stopped Working