How to Verify 12V Pin on 7-Way Connector is Active
How can I verify if my Sequoia 7 pin connector actually charges the pop up battery while driving? 7 pin connector charges my pop up 12v battery
asked by: Vince
To verify that the 12V pin on your Sequoia's 7-Way connector is active, you can use a multimeter like # PT89ZR to test the voltage at the 12V pin (1 o'clock position) on the connector while the vehicle is running. You can also check the voltage closer to the trailer battery to make sure it is reaching its destination.
If you are looking for something to actually monitor or verify its charge while you are on the road, we do not currently have something that has this capability. As long as all your connections are sound, and everything tests correctly, you should not have any issues sending charge back to the battery during travel.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Troubleshooting An E3 Error Code With A Furrion RV Air Conditioner System
- How To Troubleshoot Electric Trailer Brake Magnets
- Trailer Brakes Not Strong Enough To Stop Trailer
- Manual Override Will Not Work Twice in a Row with an EOH Actuator
- Multimeter Recommendation for Testing Voltage Drop of Brake Controller Install
- Using Circuit Tester to Test Trailer Wiring to Find Problem
- How to Bench Test Electric Trailer Brake Assemblies and Magnets
- Troubleshooting Uneven Braking on Sides of Trailer That Switches Sides with New Brake Assemblies
- Troubleshooting Trailer Brake Controller No Longer Showing Power to Brakes After Short On 7-Way
- Camper Brakes Only Applying with Manual Override on Brake Controller
- Do I Need an AC or DC Replacement Ceiling Fan Needed For RV?
- Troubleshooting Trailer Brakes Getting Only 8 Volts Of Power
- Troubleshooting A Furrion DV3100 RV Stereo That Wont Turn On
- Troubleshooting P3 Brake Controller that Has Short Error Code at 5 mph
- Troubleshooting Only One Trailer Light Working
- MaxxAir Fan Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting tail lights on 2005 Infinity G35 Coupe
- Troubleshooting Power Issues With A Way Interglobal 12V RV Ceiling Fan With Wall Switch
- Should Electric Trailer Brakes Have Continuity Between The Two Wires?
- Troubleshooting P3 Brake Controller that Applies Light Braking All the Time
- Troubleshooting Electric Trailer Brake Wiring Voltage Issues
- Trailer Brakes Seem Weak After Installing Prodigy Brake Controller on 2001 Ford Excursion
- Testing Brake Magnets on Trailer
- What is the Maximum Amperage Draw Rating for a 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Testing To See If Brake Magnets Are Bad
- Equipment for Testing Trailer Wiring and Brake Magnets
- Should The Trailer Brake Circuit Have Continuity Between the Blue Power Wire and Ground?