Derale Transmission Cooler Recommendations for a 2005 Toyota Sienna
I have 2005 Sienna and Im planning a trip with towing 6/10 enclosed cargo trailer the towing capacity of the van is 3500 lb,the gvwr of the trailer is 2800lb do I need to install additional trans cooler van has towing package on it which including stronger alternator and transmission cooler original manufacture TOYOTA and if so wich one do I need thank you very much
asked by: Alex
In most cases the factory transmission cooler in a vehicle is adequate at best. I would recommend you install a transmission cooler such as the Transmission Cooler # D13501 that you referenced on your 2005 Toyota Sienna.
You will want to do some measuring to see what will fit in front of your radiator but in most cases you will want to go with the biggest transmission cooler you can fit there. If possible I would put a Derale Transmission Cooler, part # D13504. This cooler measures 11 inches in width and 12 inches in height.
I would recommend that you run both your factory transmission cooler and this Derale Transmission Cooler, part # D13504.
I would run the output line from the factory cooler to the input of the # D13504 and then the output back to the transmission. If you route the coolers in that order you will optimize the cooling efficiency of the coolers.
I attached an FAQ article transmission coolers below for you to check out also.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Transmission Coolers
- Plate-Fin Cooler
- Full-Size Truck
- Standard Mount
- 11W x 12T x 7/8D Inch
- With 11/32 Inch Hose Barb Inlets
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Coolers
- Q&A: Trailer Wiring and Hitch Recommendation for 2012 Toyota RAV4
- Q&A: Correct Hidden/Concealed Trailer Hitch for 2010 Toyota RAV4
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Does Flex-a-lite Transmission Cooler # FLX400117 Come with All Components Needed to Install
- Article: Transmission Cooler
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Transmission Cooler for 2003 Toyota Tundra with 4.7L Engine
- Q&A: Can I Increase The Tow Rating Of My 2018 Chrysler Pacifica With Aftermarket Items
- Q&A: Distance from Hitch Pin Center to Ball Center of Blue Ox TrackPro Weight Distribution
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: REDARC Tow-Pro Liberty vs Tow-Pro Elite
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit