Will the Plate on the Tow Ready Pintle Hook Mount # 63058 Flex Wha Braking or Accelerating
My military truck has a very high bumper. I see adapters that can bring a ball hitch 10 or more inches lower and connect to the pintle. I’m concerned that during braking or acceleration there will be forward or backward motion that could allow the trailer to hit the bumper. How is this motion controlled with these adapters? Thanks
asked by: DJ
The plate on the Tow Ready Pintle Hook Mount # 63058 has a gusset behind it that keeps it in place and will not allow it to flex (see attached picture). Unless you are exceeding the 8,000 lbs towing or 800 lb tongue weight capacities then you have no worries about the trailer flexing that plate and making contact with your bumper!
If you don't already have a pintle hook then I recommend going with the Pintle Hook Combo # TR63011 which also provides you with a 2" hitch ball. Both the pintle and the hitch ball exceed the 8K capacity of the pintle hook mount so the weight restrictions wouldn't change.
I have attached review videos for both products that you can check out.
- Q&A: Would Could Fix Excess Coupler Play with Demco EZ Latch Coupler
- Q&A: What Are The Dimensions of Redline A-Frame Trailer Coupler # CA5100B
- Q&A: Will Demco A-Frame Trailer Coupler DM16680-52 Fit 2015 Featherlite 3116 Trailer
- Q&A: How to Measure the Angle of Trailer A Frame To Determine if a 50 Degree A Frame Coupler will Fit
- Q&A: Can Lock N Roll Articulating Trailer Coupler Be Installed Using Locking Hitch Pin
- Q&A: Short Shank Pintle Mount that has the Most Rise and Drop Adjustments
- Q&A: Distance From Center of Lug to Channel On Lock N Roll Articulating Channel Tongue Trailer Coupler
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Bleed Your Trailer Surge Brakes
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight