bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Hitch Adapter


I have a Pullrite super glide 4400 and want to convert my Logan gooseneck horse trailer to a 5th wheel type connection. I now have a Super glide plate is 9L x 12.5W that fits into the Super Glide attachment plate. Truck bed is 7foot long. Now on trailer is pin box LIPP 1621HD 18,000# I am not interested in the adapters that go in the rails as I dont want to take my 5th wheel in/out of the truck when I change trailers.


Expert Reply:

It sounds like your 5th wheel trailer already has what it needs and you just need the adapter for the Ram Gooseneck if I understand correctly. If your gooseneck hitch has a round tube, then I recommend the Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Trailer Coupler Adapter # KPG5-R30IP. If it has the square tube, then I recommend the Ram Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Trailer Coupler Adapter Inner Tube - Square - 30,000 lbs # KPG5-Q30IP which has a 4 inch tube. Both options have a plate that is 9-7/8 by 9-7/8 inches. We don't carry the capture plate you'll need for these, but it is the universal capture plate from the Pullrite 3317.

If you want the larger plate, you can use the Bulldog Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Coupler Adapter # BD0289640300 or # BD0289650300. You will still need that same universal capture plate for your application.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>