Troubleshooting Right Rear Tail Lights Not Working Properly
I have a Loadmax flatbed trailer. Left double lights work with running, brake and turn signals but the right rear double taillights are not working at all. How can I find the problem? Could it be a bad ground for the right rear? Thank you for your help.
asked by: Mark C
Since lights are working on one side of your trailer but not the other the problem is definitely a bad ground or damaged wiring. Check to make sure all of your grounds are securely connected to a clean, bare-metal surface and that none of your wiring is pinched or damaged.
You can replace any damaged wiring sections with 16 Gauge Wire # 16-1-1 and heat shrink butt connectors # DW05744-5.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Butt Connectors
- 16-14 Gauge
more information >
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Recommended Gauge of Wiring for Trailer Lights
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between the Blue Ox Patriot BRK2019 & BRK2022?
- Q&A: Recommended 7-Way Tester that is Compatible w/ Ram Factory Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Replacement Motor and Gear Box for Landing Gear # ADTH 1RV-200 on Keystone Everest
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Correct Replacement Electric Trailer Brakes for a 3,000 Lb Trailer Axle
- Q&A: Replacement Brakes on a 3,000 lb. Axle
- Q&A: Troubleshooting A Dead Towed Vehicle Battery While Using The Blue Ox Patriot Braking System
- Article: The Best Towing Mirrors
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)