Recommended Anti-Rattle Device to Use with 2-Bike Rack
I have a TransIt Flatbed 2DLX 2-Bike Hitch Rack in-house brand for Performance Bicycles that I use with your 2x2 hitch. The bike rack sways. What anti-rattle/sway bolt or device would you recommend?
asked by: ROY S
Based on my research, it looks like your TransIt Flatbed 2DLX 2-Bike Rack uses a threaded hitch pin which would be unique to the shank on the carrier. Because of this, we wouldn't be able to use a replacement anti-rattle pin/bolt because it will not be compatible with the threads on the shank. But have no fear, because there are other style anti-rattle devices that will do a great job of eliminating that movement and sway you are experiencing with the rack during travel.
I highly recommend the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061. This device will simply slide over the bike rack's shank and the U-bolt will hook around the collar of your 2 inch hitch receiver to prevent rattling and shifting inside the hitch. Just note that your hitch needs to have a collar or ring around it (most do) for this to attach properly.
I have attached a short video demonstration on this anti-rattle device so you can see exactly how it works.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Solution to Reduce Movement of Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack
- Anti-Rattle Recommendation For Weight Distribution Hitch in 2 Inch Hitch Receiver
- Can Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061 Be Used with Weight Distribution System
- Anti Rattle Device That Can Be Used with Weight Distribution
- Recommendation For Anti-Rattle Device For 2 Inch Hitch That Works For Towing Boat And A Bike Carrier
- How to Stabilize a 2 in. Bike Rack with Adapter in a 1-1/4 in. Hitch
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for a 2 inch Hitch Towing Trailer
- 2 Anti-Rattle Device RM-061 Can be Placed on the Underside of a Hitch Opening
- Can Roadmaster Quiet Hitch RM-061 Anti-Rattle Device be Installed Upside Down
- How Does the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Anti-Rattle Device Install
- Dimensions of Roadmaster # RM-061 Quiet Hitch Anti-Rattle Device
- Anti-Rattle Device to Use with 2" Hitch Extension
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for a 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Fit of Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Part RM-061 on 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Best Anti-Rattle Device For Towing Applications
- What Size Wrench is Needed for the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061
- Does Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Have Weight Capacity for Weight Distribution System
- Recommendation to Reduce Rattle with Thule Apex Swing Bike Rack
- Comparing the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Ant-Rattle Devices for 2 Inch and 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitches
- Device to Stabilize Ball Mount When Towing 8000-lb Boat Trailer
- Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Anti-Rattle Device for 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receivers
- How to Tell if the Quiet Hitch # RM-061 Fits OEM Trailer Hitch on a 2017 Toyota Tundra
- What Material Is The Roadmaster Quiet Hitch # RM-061 Made From
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for Draw Tite part # 75684
- Can the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Be Used for Flat Towing using a Class IV Hitch and High Low Adapter
- Will the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch or J-Pin Stabilization Pin Work With 20x59 Curt Cargo Carrier
- Can an Anti-Rattle Device be Used With a Weight Distribution System
- Roadmaster Quiet Hitch Compared to Other Style Hitch Immobilizers