Recommended ST235/85R16 Tires for 2018 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel Trailer
Hello , I currently have installed on my new 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3160EL fifth wheel trailer SAILUN ST235/85R16 Rim 6.50 - PSI 110 DOT MW21 5216 Radial S637. If I understand this correctly these tires a over 2 years old. I have weighed the trailer at a CAT scale twice with most of our gear on board and its running in the 12.5K to 13K range. What is your advise on the GOODYEAR ENDURANCE G Rated tire or do you recommend a lot better tire? I want really the best possible tires. Is it better to spend the money and move up to a bigger maybe 17rim and tire? Thank you for your help!!
asked by: Ross S
Helpful Expert Reply:
We do not currently carry the Goodyear Endurance tires so I cannot really speak to their quality. I do however have a great option for you to replace the tires on your 2018 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel Trailer.
I recommend taking a look at the Provider ST235/85R16 Radial Trailer Tire # TTWPRG235R16. This is an excellent, radial ply tire with a 14 ply rating and a 4,400 pound maximum load at 110 psi. They are constructed with double polyester cords and double steel belts for increased durability and performance. The tire also has a high speed rating of 81 mph.
I have attached a short video demonstration on this tire that you can also check out.
This will give you a combined load rating for all 4 tires on your trailer of 17,600 pounds. This gives you a very comfortable safety margin over the 12.500-13,00 pound loaded trailer weight. Because of this, I don't really see a particular benefit in upgrading to larger tires and wheels for your application. These tires will work great and they also come with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Shop: Provider ST235/85R16 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range G
- Shop: Provider ST235/80R16 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range E
- Shop: Provider ST235/80R16 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range G
- Q&A: Selection of Special Trailer Tires for 5th Wheel Trailer to Avoid Blowouts
- Video: Taskmaster Tires and Wheels - Tire Only - TTWPRG235R16 Review
- Q&A: Is Taskmaster Provider the Best Trailer Tire
- Q&A: Replacement Shackle/Wet Bolt Kit for MORryde CRE/3000 Axle
- Q&A: Length Options for MORryde Suspension Upgrade Kit for Tandem Axle Trailers
- Q&A: Can I Replace The Shackles And Wet Bolts On My 2018 Keystone Carbon TT Toy Hauler
- Search Results: shackle
- Shop: Replacement Hardware Kit for Lippert Center Point Suspension Upgrade System - Tandem Axle
- Shop: MORryde Suspension Upgrade Kit for Tandem Axle Trailers - 3-1/8" Long Shackle Straps
- Shop: MORryde Suspension Upgrade Kit for Tandem Axle Trailers w Correct Track - 2-1/4" Shackle Straps
- Shop: MORryde Suspension Upgrade Kit for Tandem Axle Trailers w Correct Track - 3-1/8" Shackle Straps
- Q&A: Availability of Dexter Leaf Spring 072-079-00 for 8,000 lb Trailer Axle
- Search Results: leaf spring
- Search Results: 6 leaf slipper spring
- Search Results: 6 leaf double eye
- Q&A: USA Made Trailer Tire Recommendation in Size ST235/85R16
- Search Results: 16 inch g rated tires
- Video: etrailer Trailer Axle 4-Leaf Double-Eye Spring Installation
- Search Results: equalizer
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Video: Timbren Axle-Less Trailer Suspension System Installation
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Search Results: trailer tires and wheels