Height Dimensions of the Reese Eclipse 4 Bike Rack Part # 63124
Two of our three bikes are now 29 inch wheels. I am driving a 2013 Honday CRV, so my search for a new rack needs to look at a rack that would carry the bikes at a safe height without having to worry too much about unexpected contact with the road. What is the vertical height of the arm to the top of the hitch receiver or some other reference point? Secondly, what is the expected life of the hook/loop fasteners? Weather and use might be hard on the straps. Are there replacement straps if one or more starts to lose its grab? Thanks.
asked by: Randy
The distance from the top of the shank to the top of the mounting plate on the Reese Eclipse 4 Bike Rack part # 63124 is 35-1/2". I have attached a photo of this for you as well. Please keep in mind that this distance will increase by an inch or so for the last few bikes as the mounting plate is angled.
Unfortunately, I do not have any information on the longevity of the frame cradles. If any of your bikes have an alternative frame then you will want to use an adapter bar like the Bike Frame Adapter Bar part # 64005 as this will allow for maximum ground clearance with your bikes tires.
If your only concern is ground clearance then I recommend taking a look at the Swagman XC 2-Bike Rack Platform Style part # S64650 which will work with your 29" diameter wheels and will not cause any ground clearance issues as the shank has a built in 4" rise.
I have attached review videos for you.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Locks Not Included
- 2 Bikes
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Model Trailer Hitch Fitment
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: Does Champion 4,500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter # CH44FR Come with Battery
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How Do I Secure a Women's Bike or an Alternate-Frame Style Electric Bike to My Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Does A Mens Trek Marlin Need an Adapter Bar on a Hanging Style Bike Rack
- Q&A: Why Cant Some Bike Racks be Used on the Back of an RV or Trailer
- Q&A: Will 7 inch Rise of Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE Work with 2017 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Q&A: 2022 Nissan Rogue Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendations
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: 30-Amp and 50-Amp RV Service: 8 Things You Need to Know
- Article: Top Weight Distribution Hitches for a Buttery Smooth Ride