Which is Correct Ball Mount for 1997 Chevrolet Lumina w/ Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch # 24628
Is this the recommended Ball Mount for a 1997 Chevy Lumina when used with part 24628?
asked by: Jeff
The recommended ball mount to use on a 1997 Chevrolet Lumina with the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 24628 (DISCONGTINUED) is the Draw-Tite Ball Mount, part # 3592.
The ball mount that you referenced, part # 3594 has too much of a rise and is not recommended by Draw-Tite to be used on the Chevrolet Lumina. With Class I and II hitches, the ball mount recommended by the hitch manufacturer must be used, not doing so will void the hitch warranty.
I have linked an FAQ on hitch ball mounts.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch Ball Mount
- Fixed Ball Mount
- No Ball
- 3/4 Inch Ball Hole Diameter
- Steel Shank - Gloss Black
- Drop - 3 Inch
- Rise - 2 Inch
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- 2000 lbs GTW
- Class I
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will the Draw-Tite 3594 Get Me Close to 16 of Rise if My Hitch is 11 1/2 Off the Ground?
- Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2016 Subaru Impreza Sedan
- Why do Some Ball Mounts Have a Drop and Rise and Others Only have a Rise
- How to Measure Ball Mount Rise for Draw-Tite Sportframe Ball Mount # 3594 on a 2002 Buick Regal
- 1-1/4-Inch Ball Mount with 4-Inches of Drop
- Dimensions Of Draw-Tite Sportframe Ball Mount # 3594
- Ball Mount For 1-1/4 Inch Hitch On a 2002 VW Beetle with 4 Inch Rise
- Towing a Trailer with 2014 Mustang GT vs 1999 Honda Civic Coupe
- Will Sportframe Drawbar # 3594 Fit Kubata RTV Receiver
- How to Determine Where Ball Mount Platform for 3594 Will End Up When Installed on 1998 Buick Regal
- Does Suspension Sag Factor When Picking Out Correct Rise/Drop Ball Mount
- Lock Pin Hole Measurement for Class I Hitch
- Ball Mount Recommendation for a 2014 Subaru Forester with a Curt Hitch # C12100
- Will Thule EasyFold XT Fit A Class 1 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4 Distance from Hitch Pin Hole
- Recommended Ball Mount Draw Bar For 1-1/4 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver With 4 Inch Rise
- Which Ball Mount and Hitch Ball Should I use with My Draw-Tite 24797 on my 2009 Kia Rondo
- What is the Proper Rise/Drop Ball Mount for a 2006 Honda Civic
- How to Measure to Determine How Much Drop Is Needed for a Ball Mount
- 7-Way for 2017 Honda CR-V and Ball Mount With 2 Inch Hitch Ball
- Pin Hole to Hitch Opening Distance on 2 inch and 1-1/4 inch Hitches
- Recommended Ball Mount for 2010 Ford Fusion Towing Haul Master Trailer
- How to Pick Out Correct Ball Mount for 2015 Ford F-150
- How To Determine What Size Ball Mount Will Fit On 2006 Chevy HHR
- Compatibility of the Sportframe Drawbar and a 2 Inch Trailer Ball With 3/4 inch Shank
- Ball Mount Recommendation that is 4 inches Shorter than the Sportframe Ball Mount part # 3594
- Trailer Hitch Receiver And Wiring Harness To Tow or Use a Bike Rack On a 2021 Toyota Prius XLE AWD-e
- What Ball Mount is Needed For 15 Inch Hitch Height With Draw-Tite Receiver 24872 on 2014 Ford Focus?
- What Is The Highest Capacity Trailer Hitch Available For A 2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback?
- 2018 Hyundai Sonata Parts Needed to Tow a Trailer