Troubleshooting Power Connection With Blue Ox Patriot on 2011 Honda CR-V
2011 crv is low mileage. When plugged in to either of two receptacles the red power light on the plug flickers. I can move it to make it light up but at least once it’s failed causing necessary reset . I think it’s the plug, not the 2 receptacles that’s faulty. I will replace the plug with a generic one. Is a specific plug required?
asked by: John S
If your power connection with the Blue Ox Patriot III BRK2019 supplemental braking system is spotty it likely isn't the plug on the system. To use this system you do need to use 12 Volt Outlet Kit # RM-9332 in order to ensure a constant 12 volt power source, which is what I'm guessing the issue is.
I'm not certain which plug you are referring to but you should not use any generic parts; I have added a link with each of our available replacement parts for Blue Ox supplemental braking systems for you to check out.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Adding a 12 Volt Power Circuit to a 7-Way Trailer Connector on a 2010 Ford F-250
- How to Power the Blue Ox Patriot While Flat Towing a 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- Troubleshooting Car Battery Low Indicator on Blue Ox Patriot Brake System
- How to Power Braking System for 2017 Ford Focus Where Battery Has to be Disconnected
- Does Blue Ox Patriot Supplemental Braking System Require Battery Disconnect for 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet Availability for Vehicle Battery That Can Handle 12 Amps
- How Does Blue Ox Patriot BLU37TR Get Power From Towed Vehicle?
- How Is the Socket Held Inside the Bracket On the Roadmaster 12 Volt Outlet Kit
- 12 Volt Accessory Outlet Needed to Power the Roadmaster Even Brake on a 2013 Honda CR-V
- Recommended 12 Volt Outlet Kit For Brake Pro Wireless System
- Does Roadmaster 12V Outlet Kit Include Install Instructions
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot II Supplemental Braking System Vehicle That Battery Disconnects
- How to Power Supplemental Braking on a Vehicle that Requires Battery to Be Disconnected
- What is the Wire Gauge Used on the Roadmaster 12 Volt Outlet Kit # RM-9332
- What Two Fuses Need to Get Pulled to Flat Tow 2014 Honda CR-V
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot Braking Kit on Vehicle Where Battery Needs to be Disconnected
- How to Power Supplemental Braking System for Flat Towing a Vehicle Where Battery Gets Disconnected
- How to Power Blue Ox Patriot Braking System When Vehicles Negative Battery Cable Is Unhooked
- How Does Blue Ox Patriot Draw Power From Vehicle with Disconnected Battery
- Is There a Range of Roadmaster Even Brake Transmitter & Monitor for 2020 Ford Ranger
- Where does the RoadMaster Stop Light Switch Kit, # RM-751442, Receive Power to Operate
- How to Power Supplemental Braking System 2018 Chevy Colorado When Battery is Disconnected
- Powering Blue Ox Braking Buddy on 2016 Ford F-150 that Cuts Off Power Supply When Flat-Towing
- Recommendation For Towing A 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ Manual Transmission
- Can the 12 Volt Outlet Kit # RM-9332 be Installed in a 2013 Toyota Sienna
- Universal 12-Volt Auxiliary Power Options For Installation on a 2021 Honda CR-V
- How to Use a Voyager WiSight Monitor in a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado That Does Not Have a 12v Outlet
- How to Power a Supplemental Braking System with a 2013 Chevrolet Spark
- Parts Needed to Add Second Battery and 12V Outlets to Bed of Chevy Silverado
- How To Charge Blue Ox Patriot Braking System Without Running The Vehicle