bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Sewer Drain Valve and Hose Needed for Current Drain System


Can you guide me to the fitting I will need and the proper sewer drain hose? Was hoping to use my current original drain. Im ok with using a fernco if needed and want a drain cap with gray water fitting also for external tank. Thank you.


Expert Reply:

Since sewage connectors do need a proper seal (typically by using solvent # A05-0303) I do recommend changing out some of your sewage pipes as they are looking a bit rough.

It does look like you have a 3" round pipe from your photo so if you were to keep your current system you could possibly use a Fernco rubber sleeve to connect the Valterra Coupling # F02-2025BK to either an extension or to the Valterra Bladex Waste Valve # T50. If you need an extension you will put this waste valve on the end as well.

For a hose I highly recommend the RhinoEXTREME RV Sewer Hoses # CAM39867. This comes with 2 hoses that are 10' long which will be great for many different dumping situations. It also comes with the adapter that you will use at the dump site.

I have attached some review videos for you to reference as well.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>