Troubleshooting Low Power from Shore to Transfer Switch
I have an 01 cameo 5th wheel, and am loosing power to the transfer switch. Would you know what is between the inlet power cord and the transfer switch?
asked by: Jim B
Helpful Expert Reply:
It sounds like you have a short in your Power Cord wiring as there isn't anything between the power cord and the Go Power Transfer Switch # 34270278 as they are directly wired. I've attached a video of the Go Power Transfer Switch - Quick Connect - 30 Amp # 342GPTS which shows these connections. If you don't use and in-line circuit breaker like # CAM55306 then there has to be an issue with the wiring or the ground on the transfer switch itself.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- RV Transfer Switch
- 30 Amp
- Go Power
more information >
- RV Surge Protectors
- Surge Protector
- 50 Amp
- 4200 Joules
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Does the Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch Support Switching Between 2 Power Sources
- Will the Go Power 50 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch Work w/ a 30 Watt Generator?
- How To Wire 240v Generator Power And 120v Shore Power To A Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch
- Why is Transfer Switch Needed with RV that Uses Shore Power and Generator
- Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch Generator/Shore Power
- Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch Supporting Dual 2000 Watt Inverters
- Can 50 Amp Transfer Switch for RV be Wired for 30 Amps
- Will Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch Auto Start/Stop the Generator
- Is A Transfer Switch Necessary On an RV?
- Will the Go Power 50 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch Work with DuroMax 13,000 Watt Portable Generator
- Transfer Switch for Three AC Power Sources, Shore Power, Generator and Battery Bank Inverter
- Advantages to Using Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch # 34270278
- How Can I Power My Camper From a Generator With the Hard Wired Watchdog Surge Protector?
- How to Determine Correct Inverter for TV and Coffee Machine
- Recommended Made in USA 50 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch for RV
- How Does Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch # 34270278 Connect to Shore Power and Inverter
- Does Go Power Industrial Pure Sine Wave Inverter # 34278156 Have Transfer Switch
- Automatic Transfer Switch Recommendation for a 5,500 Watt Onan Generator