Best Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack for 2018 Acura RDX
I am looking for a trailer hitch for my 2018 Acura RDX to carry a bike rack. What hitch and bike rack would be the best for my car?
asked by: Owen M
The best trailer hitch for your 2018 Acura RDX to carry a bike rack is the Curt # C13130 because it has clean look with a concealed cross tube and the highest tongue weight capacity among the hitches that fit your Acura, which speaks to the strength of the hitch. This Class III, 2" hitch is made in the USA and is a complete bolt-on installation that will not require any type of drilling into your car's frame.
I have added a photo showing how the hitch looks when installed on a RDX as well as a link to an installation video for you to take a look at.
The bike rack I highly recommend to use with this hitch on your '18 Acura RDX is the Saris Freedom # SA4412B because it offers an exceptional combination of functionality and form while being very easy to use.
The Freedom is a 2-bike platform rack which uses adjustable padded hooks to grasp your bikes by the down tubes as well as sliding wheel trays with ratcheting straps to secure your bikes by the wheels. It also features a handy lever which you only need to push to tilt the rack down or fold it up.
This rack comes with an anti-rattle hitch lock to secure the rack to your Acura, helping protect your investment. The Freedom is very lightweight at just 22.5 lbs but still has a 60 lb per bike weight capacity.
I have added a link to video reviews of this rack for you to check out as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Locks Not Included
- 2 Bikes
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
- Electric Bikes
- Heavy Bikes
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Hitch Recommendation For 2014 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch for 2016 Acura RDX for Use with Thule T2 Platform Rack and Pedego Bikes
- Does Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit 2017 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch and Towing Accessory Recommendations for 2020 Acura RDX
- Hitch & Bike Rack Recommendations for 2017 Acura RDX AWD SUV
- Recommended Trailer Hitch with Hidden Crossbar for 2017 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2017 Acura RDX and Thule T2 Pro Bike Rack
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2013 Acura RDX that Does Not Require Stabilizer Strap Bike Rack
- Does Curt Trailer Hitch and Wiring Harness Fit 2018 Acura RDX
- Compatibility of 1/2 Inch Bolts with Handle Nuts Used to Install Curt # C13130 on 2013 Acura RDX
- What is the Stabilizer Strap that Curt Recommends Get Used with Their Hitches
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a Bike Rack on a 2016 Acura RDX
- Curt Class lll Trailer Hitch and SportRack 3 Bike carrier for 2013 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch and Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2014 Acura RDX
- Is Curt Class III Trailer Hitch a Good Option for Towing a Tear Drop Trailer with a 2016 Acura RDX
- Recommended Trailer Hitch And Wiring For 2016 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2013 Acura RDX Towing 1750 LB Fishing Boat
- Recommended 2 Inch Hitch for 2013 Acura RDX
- Does The Curt C13130 Hitch Fit A 2014 Acura RDX
- Replacement Hitch Hardware Kit for Curt Hitch C13130 for 2017 Acura RDX
- Bolts Won't Thread on Curt Hitch of 2017 Acura RDX
- Recommended 2-Inch Hitch For Bike Rack on 2016 Acura RDX
- Which Curt Trailer Hitch Fits 2017 Acura MDX
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2019 Acura RDX
- Trailer Hitch for Use with a Bike Carrier for a 2015 Audi Q3
- Boat Trailer Coupler Became Disconnected from Ball on 2014 Acura RDX
- Hitch Capacities for a Curt Hitch on a 2013 Acura RDX