bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can the Camco RV Power Defender Voltage Protector be Used When Converting 50 Amps to 30 Amps


My RV is 50amp set up, but I only have 30 outlet available. Cannot use CAM adaptor 55025 as 15amp outlet not available. Which surge protector should I use....Suggestion for my situation?


Expert Reply:

I do have options for you but a voltage protector like the Camco RV Power Defender Voltage Protector part # CAM55301 cannot be used when converting from 50 amps to 30 amps. Instead, you would just need to use a standard extension power cord with dogbone adapter.

For this I recommend the Mighty Cord RV Power Cord Adapter part # A10-3050EHD which is 25' long. If you already have a 50 amp power cord that goes from the inlet on the RV to the outlet at the RV park you can just use the Mighty Cord Dogbone RV Power Cord Adapter part # A10-3050FBK.

If these connection points are not correct please let me know and I will see if we have better options for you.

expert reply by:
Conner L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>