Spare Tire Bike Carrier to Fit on Wide Tires
will this fit on a jeep wrangler that has WIDE tires... I believe in has to be somehow modified to fit ?
asked by: Eileen P
I do have another option for you but the Surco spare tire bike rack, part # BT300, does not fit oversized tires. Take a look at the Hollywood Racks SR2, part # HRSR2, instead. It'll fit up to 12-1/2 wide tires so it's pretty likely to fit your Jeep tires. The catch is it's only a 2-bike carrier. We don't have any 3-bike carriers that fit oversized tires.
I've posted a video of the SR2 on a 2016 Wrangler so you can see how it looks.
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What Rear Mounted Bike Rack Will Fit On 2005 Honda CRV With Outside Mounted Spare Tire
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will the Thule Passage 3 Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Fit my 2008 Jeep Patriot
- Q&A: Replacement Locking Knob For The Thule EasyFold XT
- Q&A: Installation/Removal of the Surco BT300 On a Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Comparing Draw-Tite and Curt 2 inch Trailer Hitches for a 2019 Honda CR-V
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Honda CR-V
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: What Do I Need To Tow A Trailer?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper