Are Universal MightyMounts the Correct Fit for a Yakima ButtonDown 6 Ski Carrier
I have a button down 6 that I want to mount to a factory rack on a 2013 Chevy Tahoe. Is there a specific mighty mount or will the universal mount work out better
asked by: Aaron
Helpful Expert Reply:
For your older Yakima ButtonDown Ski Carrier you will want to use the Universal MightyMounts # Y03590. Some of the more recent Yakima accessories have specific MightyMounts that they use but pretty much anything that hasn't been made in the past couple of years will use the universal parts.
If you don't already have the SKS locks and you would like to add them to your setup then you also need part # Y07204.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Roof Bike Racks
- Roof Box
- Roof Rack
- Ski and Snowboard Racks
- Lock Parts
- Lock Cores and Cylinders
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Can Yakima HullRaiser J-Style Kayak Carrier Be Fitted to Aero Bars on a 2017 Toyota Highlander
- 2016 Nissan Frontier Roof Rack and Adapter to Fit With Yakima Saddles
- Recommended Adapter For A Peloton Roof Mounted Bike Rack
- How to Use Yakima HullyRoller and Mako Saddles on Aero Crossbars
- Will Yakima HullyRoller Work With Malone AirFlow2 Roof Rack on 2012 VW Jetta SportWagen?
- Can Yakima Mako Saddles be Adapted to Fit Aero Shaped Crossbars
- Part Needed to Attach Older Yakima Ski Rack to Square Crossbars
- Which Yakima Mighty Mount for Rola Cross Bars
- Adapter to Carry Yakima Accessories on SeaSucker Crossbars
- Adapter Needed to Mount Yakima Lockjaw Roof Rack on 2012 Hyundai Elantra w/ Factory Aero Crossbars
- Do Yakima MightyMounts Fit on Yakima Round Bar Roof Rack Crossbars
- How to Attach Older Yakima PowderHound Ski Rack to Factory Crossbars
- Mighty Mounts for 2018 Subaru Outback With Factory Crossbars
- Parts Needed to Lock the Universal MightyMounts for Yakima Roof Mounted Accessories to a Roof Rack
- Do Universal Yakima MightyMounts Fit OEM Crossbars 2023 Toyota RAV4
- Universal Mighty Mounts Fit to an Older Fat Cat 4 for Installing on a Thule Aeroblade Bars
- Adapter for Connecting Yakima ButtonDown Rack to JetStream Crossbars
- Does Yakima Frontloader Bike Rack Fit OEM Bars of 2012 Lexus RX 350
- Which Yakima Roof Mount MightyMounts Will Fit a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan with Factory Cross Bars
- Recommended Kayak Carrier on 2013 Ford Explorer Factory Roof Rack
- What Crossbar Dimensions do the Yakima Mighty Mounts Fit
- Parts Needed For Using Older Hully Roller & Mako Saddle For Kayak
- How do You Attach a Yakima JayHook Kayak Carrier to a Yakima MightyMount?
- Mighty Mounts Needed for Ski Rack installation on Factory Roof Rack on a 2004 Volkswagen Touareg
- Are There Brackets to Attach my Hullavator to my Factory BMW Cross Bars
- Fit of Yakima Y02093 Raptor Roof Mounted Bike Rack on Elliptical Crossbars
- Mounting Hardware for an Older Yakima Raptor Bike Rack on Thule WingBar Evo Crossbars
- What Yakima MightyMounts for Yakima Roof Mounted Accessories Fit a 2011 Toyota Sequoia
- How Many Yakima MightyMounts Do I need for Each Bike?