Recommended SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps for a 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28RBDS
We have a 2016 Jayco Jayflight 28RBDS, The door frame says 30 in Threshold distance to ground is 34in Due to us getting older, it is harder to go up and down the old steps that have over a 9 in /rise. By the end of a trip our knees and low back are hurting. My question is, will quad work? or do we need a triple? If we get a triple im afraid that from the ground to the first step will be to high. so basically which one do you recommend?
asked by: Rebecca
The SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps (Quad) part # LC791575 have a threshold height of 35" - 44". Since you are at 34" I would say you will be alright to use the quad step version. I spoke with my contact at Lippert as well and they did not see any major issues in doing the above. You just need to be aware of the grade on the landing near the entry door when parking your 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28RBDS. This model is designed to fit a 28" - 30" wide doorway so there should not be any issues here either.
I have attached a review video for you as well.
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Q&A: Which Lippert Ground Control 3.0 System Is Recommended for a 37' Fifth Wheel
- Q&A: Pocket Kit for Handrail for Second Generation 4-Step MORryde Steps
- Q&A: Solutions To Add More Clearance For Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Jack Legs
- Q&A: E5 Error For An Atwood 1361 RV Air Conditioner System
- Q&A: How To Find the Correct SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps for a 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
- Q&A: Dimensions of SolidStep Locking RV Storage Box
- Q&A: Wiring Diagram for Lippert Stabilization Jack LC298707
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: No Missteps Here: Best Camper and RV Steps (2022)
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: 2011 Ford Super Duty with 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Top Weight Distribution Hitches for a Buttery Smooth Ride