Will Multi-Fit Class IV Trailer Hitch Fit 2018 Ford F-150
Would a Reese towpower class IV trailer hitch fit my 2018 f150 super crew?
asked by: Louis
We do not currently carry the Reese Towpower Multi-Fit Trailer Hitches so I cannot be sure if the particular Class IV hitch you are looking at will fit your 2018 Ford F-150. I will say though that multi-fit trailer hitches are going to require a much more involved installation process that will likely require drilling into the truck's frame or other vehicle modifications.
For a Class IV hitch that is confirmed to fit your 2018 Ford F-150 and won't require any drilling I recommend looking at the Curt # C26HR if your truck is equipped with the factory hitch.
Both custom hitches feature a towing capacity of 10,000 pounds, a tongue weight limit of 1,000, and are made right here in the USA. The custom hitches use existing holes in the truck's frame for a completely no-drill installation and both models have an estimated install time of just around 40 minutes.
I have attached an installation video for both of the hitches that you can also check out.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class IV
- 1000 lbs TW
- 10000 lbs GTW
- 12000 lbs WD GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- 1200 lbs WD TW
- Visible Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Mount a Truck Bed Camper
- Q&A: 7-Way Trailer Plug Adapter or Compatibility with Lance Slide-In Truck Bed Camper
- Q&A: Shortest Available Trailer Hitch Extension For 2017 Ford F-350 W/ Factory 3" Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Q&A: How To Choose the Correct Length of TorkLift SuperTruss Hitch Extension
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?
- Q&A: Why Do Hitch Extenders Reduce Hitch Capacity but Long Ball Mounts Do Not
- Q&A: Weight Distribution and Hitch Extension for Truck Camper of 2019 Ford F-350 with 3 inch Hitch
- Q&A: Determining Which Hitch Extender To Tow Trailer W/ 2021 Ford F-350 W/ Wolfpack 850 Truck Bed Camper
- Q&A: Recommended Adapter for Carrying E-Bikes and Towing Trailer With Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Article: What To Look For When Buying Ratchet Straps
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight