bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Transfer Roadmaster InvisiBrake to 2017 Jeep Cherokee


I currently have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I installed the brake/tail light harness and Invisibrake in. Have Sterling All Terrain tow bar setup on the RV. Recently purchased a 2017 Jeep Cherokee. I have ordered the Mopar flat tow wiring kit to mitigate wobble issues. Can I transfer the Invisibrake to the new Jeep? Can you recommend the kits I will need to accomplish the swap out? For example: Base plate kit Wiring kit for tail/brake lights Possible harness only kit for Invisibrake Thank you for your help.


Expert Reply:

The Roadmaster InvisiBrake Supplemental Braking System # RM-8700 is a confirmed fit for your 2017 Jeep Cherokee as long as it does NOT have a non-electric hydroboost braking system. You will need the Stop Light Switch Kit # RM-751471 for the Cherokee as well as the new car kit # RM-98700 which is shown in the linked video.

For Roadmaster base plates you can refer to the linked page that displays four kits for the various versions. Note that the Sterling tow bar's safety cable anchors do not fit with the EZ5 kit # RM-521447-5 but they do fit with the other base plates. With the EZ5 kit the anchors must be attached to the frame of the vehicle or welded to the receiver portion of the bracket.

For a diode kit you can use Roadmaster # RM-15267, shown in the other video. Some models of this vehicle may use Mortorq® fasteners. If your vehicle has these types of fasteners, you will need a PFMTS2E bit to remove them which can be ordered through a Snap-On dealer.

The Mopar flat tow wiring kit you mentioned is likely to be the one mentioned in a tech bulletin, the part 68321424AB.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>