bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

18 Inch Hitch Extender that Fits 2 Inch Trailer Hitch


The D30 series is a solid bar that fits into a receiver. I need a hollow tube version 18 inches or longer. Being used on bike rack, not towing . Thank You


Expert Reply:

The # D30 you referenced is for hitch fabrication and it sounds like you simply need a hitch extender.

There is an 18 inch extension, the Curt Extender for 2" Receivers -18" Long # C45796 which you can use with a bike rack.

The only thing to note is that the use of any extender will reduce the overall capacity of the hitch by 50 percent and that includes the tongue weight capacity. This is important because the tongue weight capacity of your hitch is the max weight your bike racks and bikes can be.

To attach it to your receiver you can use Pin and Clip # C21510.

I have added a link to a video review of this extender for you to check out as well.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>