bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Converting Thule DockGrip Kayak Carrier to DockGlide


I have the Thule Dockgrip 4 rubber padded saddles. Can I convert this to a Dockglide system by replacing two of the four rubble pads with the felt ones I see on the Dockglide?


Expert Reply:

I spoke with my contact at Thule and she said that you can indeed just replace the rear cradles on your DockGrip Kayak Carrier # TH895 with the DockGlide Assemblies # 1500052829 from the DockGlide Kayak Carrier to essentially convert it to this model. The mounting hardware is the same between the two systems so you just need the cradles themselves.

They are sold as a quantity of 1 so you will need to order 2 of the assemblies.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>