bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Adding Fluid Control Thermostat and Derale Transmission Cooler to 2007 Ford F-150


In order to ensure I can still warm my 2007 F150 up in the frigid cold here, I want to install a Fluid Control Thermostat along with the D15902 cooler for towing in the mountains. Which one should I get for this application, 1/2 or 3/8? Also, I dont see a kit that includes the thermostat, mounting kit, and fittings together - do I have to buy separately? Finally, Do I need 2 one for engine oil and one for transmission or is engine oil side sufficient? Thanks.


Expert Reply:

Most likely your 2007 Ford F-150 has 3/8 inch lines so you will want to go with the Derale Fluid Control Thermostat with 3/8" NPT Ports # D25791. Adding this to bypass the Derale Cooler # D15902 that you mentioned is a great idea allow the fluid to warm up faster on those cold winter mornings.

The Fluid Control Thermostat does include a heavy-duty mounting bracket but you will need to add the Derale 3/8" Fittings # D98102. There is not a kit available with all of these parts included.

Technically you can add a Fluid Control Thermostat for both the transmission and engine oil but really just using it for the engine oil side will be sufficient.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>